Post Caps connect tops of posts to members for a secure connection and are ideal for new or retrofit applications where structural support is needed. Post caps are available in a variety of one-piece caps for new construction and two-piece options for retrofit of existing connections. The LCE is designed to provide a connection when the end of a beam bears on a post. This versatile, two-piece product can accommodate 4x or 6x lumber and is suitable for new or retrofit construction.
- Always install in pairs; universal design eliminates need for rights and lefts
- Stronger than angled nailing or screw fastening; eliminates nailing into end grain
- Eliminates nailing into end grain
- For use with 4 in. or 6 in. lumber
- Made from 20-Gauge steel
- ZMAX galvanization offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Install with 16d common nails or #10 x 1-1/2 in. Strong-Drive SD screws